Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Disconsolate

The last time I missed work 3 days in a row was when I got hospitalised in December 2016. Who would have know 4 months later here I am again. Caught a really bad cough over the phase of last week. Immune system was at the lowest point thanks to menses and now I'm having problems recovering from it. Wanted to check myself into the hospital last night when the cough got real bad. The moment my head hit the pillow, I'd bounce up within seconds to cough real hard. The cough has caused abdominal pains.. It's like someone's stabbing into the bottom right stomach whenever I let a cough out. Ugh.

Was fixing the new laptop (woohoo touchbar!!!!!) and loading all the sites that I usually go to - yeah mainly social media - lest I forgot the login details. Almost couldn't get in here as it was on an old Gmail account, was lost when the only option was "Create new blog" when I got into Blogger.

Scrolling through Facebook for a decent wallpaper and realised everything has been backdated. Why am I even surprised - been too lazy for anything as usual. Idk if it's an attribute of adulting, I can barely keep up with people. All I ever want is just a proper dinner date with friend(s), catch up, and go home. The social media phase of me has completely disappeared. I would love to capture moments, but I've grown out of that.. I can't even remember who was the last person (other than Daryl) that I hung out with, that's how bad my memory is.

Ah, what updates can I bring to this space: -

  • One full year into adulting!!!!!! Still not a fan, take me back to studying ANYTIME. 
  • Two years anniversary with Daryl!!!! Thank you for being my better half, always. Sneaky boy got a bouquet of baby breaths (YAS MY FAVOURITEEEEEE) to the office which was superrrrr sweet, definitely caught off guard by his sweet gesture. It's funny how the post of our first anniversary is just 2-3 posts away lol.
  • Caught Coldplay live in Singapore 2 weekends back, it was phenomenal! Could've been better if we were watching them overseas oh well but they were SOOOOOOOO SOOOOOOOO SO GOOD T_T Was feeling all emotional when I heard Fix You live, it was surreal. 
  • Getting a new laptop after using the previous one for 5 years hahah. You've served me well 13" retina display, now go serve the sister~ Also, am really broke thanks to this new gadget. PAY DAY PLEASE COME SOON I BEG UUUUUU.

Feels lousy bumming around but the doctor got me covered and that I should get plenty of rest otherwise I won't be able to recover from this virus. Thank goodness that Boss was really nice about it - telling me everything's under control and not to worry about work. She also asked me to catch up with my favourite tv shows wtf she was being real sweet.

I'm just chilling out on my bed and spotify is playing random contemporary christian music - soothing enough, not too noisy, just the way I like it.

Back to chilling, till next time when I bother to come up and say hi! XO

No comments:

Post a Comment